The winter season can leave skin feeling dry and looking stiff and lacklustre, and no one wants to enter the spring season with that look. There are some terrific external treatments that can exfoliate dead skin cells such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels which will reveal new, bright ones, but it’s also important to encourage healthy skin through a nutritious diet. If you want to know about some effective skincare treatments and the best skincare foods for spring, here are some great options.
Foods that Keep Skin Glowing in Spring
The saying “You are what you eat” is proving to be truer through research and study. A healthy, balanced diet low in sugars and fats and high in vitamins and proteins will help you feel good from the inside out. Adding some of these healthy foods for skin into your daily diet while cutting out processed and greasy food will have a huge impact on how you feel and how your skin looks. If you want beautiful, radiant skin that glows and feels soft, be sure to eat these great foods:
- Asparagus: Rich in potassium and low in sodium, asparagus achieves proper electrolyte balance, reduces bloating, and has anti-inflammatory, health-promoting antioxidants.
- Beets: These red root vegetables promote clear skin, and are high in vitamin A, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E. They also eliminate toxins, and lower cholesterol.
- Carrots: High in beta-carotene and fiber, carrots are also a source of vitamin A, C, K, B8, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese.
- Fennel: Fennel contains phytonutrients, fiber, and antioxidants, reduces inflammation, and eliminates carcinogenic toxins from colon.
- Peppermint: This plant aids digestion, relieves stress, which causes acne, treats headaches, clears the sinuses, and soothes skin.
- Spinach: Containing muscle-building proteins, iron, fiber, and vitamins A, C, K, spinach suppresses appetite, promotes weight loss, and reduces unhealthy food cravings so you can get that bikini body.
Skincare Treatments for Spring
To remove that dull layer of dry, dead skin from your face in the most effective way, treat yourself with a visit to a reputable medical skincare clinic. Two effective treatments to reduce the look of aging and to rejuvenate the skin are Hollywood Spectra Peel and PRP Therapy.
Hollywood Spectra Peel
The Spectra Peel Treatment is the equivalent of having four chemical peels in one session without the downtime and complications. The results are dramatic and cost a fraction when compared to other treatments. The Spectra Peel is great for people who suffer from inflamed acne, Melasma, or enlarged pores. It improves the skin tone, texture, elasticity, and reverses sun damaged skin, mild acne scarring, freckles, and age spots.
PRP Therapy for Face
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy uses your own cells and the body’s natural growth factors to treat aging skin. The simple treatment is used to treat aging skin on your face and body, and since it uses your own body’s blood, there is no risk in your body rejecting it. PRP therapy increases collagen production; enhances skin elasticity, tone and thickness; triggers the formation of new blood vessels; rejuvenates aging skin; and has long-lasting effects.
Get Spring-Ready Skin at The Anti Aging Toronto Clinic
If you are looking for skincare treatment to prepare for spring, The Anti Aging Toronto Clinic has solutions for you. We are proud to offer our clients the best and latest clinical methods to treat various skin conditions to give you that youthful glow. The Spectra Peel treatment is one of our effective skincare treatments that we are pleased to provide. We support our patients as they make informed decisions about their skin care, and we strive to always provide the best skin rejuvenation treatments and advice in Toronto. To learn more, contact us by phone at 416.546.4664 or by e-mail at info@AntiAgingToronto.ca. Our skincare specialists can also offer you a tour of our Toronto facilities.