So, you’ve heard about platele-trich plasma (PRP) therapy and how it’s performed. You’re probably intrigued by the ability of this anti-aging therapy, also known as the “PRP facelift,” and how it uses your own blood to restore your skin. However, you may want to know why PRP therapy is worth getting—what makes PRP therapy stand out as a skin rejuvenation treatment when placed alongside lasers, microdermabrasion, or chemical peels? What makes it worth considering as a means of getting fuller, more youthful skin? As it turns out, quite a lot:
• PRP skin rejuvenation treatments are completely natural, organic, and nontoxic. The treatments use substances native to your own blood—this provides a more natural alternative to Botox treatments, which make use of infamously dangerous toxins.
• The use of your own cells and your body’s natural growth factors means there is minimal risk of allergic reactions or side effects.
• PRP skin rejuvenation treatments can add youth and fullness to your face as a standalone procedure without the need of more aggressive methods or dermal fillers. The procedure triggers the formation of new blood vessels, which enhances skin elasticity, tone, and thickness.
• The precision offered by PRP therapy means it can restore hard-to-target and delicate areas of the body, such as your neck, hands, or the skin around the eyes. The treatment is the perfect solution for treating “crepey” skin on the neck and décolletage.
• PRP therapy is a simple and fast treatment. The most complicated part—spinning your blood to isolate the platelets—takes only about six minutes. A single one-hour session can even address multiple areas in one sitting.
• With the use of a micro-needling gun, the procedure is virtually painless with little bruising and inflammation after the treatment.
• In addition to skin rejuvenation, PRP treatments can restore the scalp and stimulate hair growth to counteract balding conditions.
• PRP therapies can be combined with other beauty treatments, like laser or chemical peels, to improve the outcome and allow for optimal recovery.
• The skin restoration bestowed by PRP treatments can last for up to 18 months, making it one of the longest-lasting natural beauty treatments available.
All of these benefits are rooted in how PRP skin rejuvenation treatments make use of your blood’s own substances. Platelets are filled with restorative growth factors that are used to jump-start the immune system’s healing process. Dead cells are cleared, injured cells are repaired, and the procedure eliminates wrinkles, improves colour and tone, clears up acne, and reduces the appearance of keloid scars.
Get Modern Anti Aging Treatment From the Top Providers
Anti Aging Toronto Clinic aims to continue to be the best skin care clinic in Toronto. In our efforts to maintain this goal, we hone and master the latest technological and clinical developments in skin rejuvenation treatments. The care and skill we employ in our platelet-rich plasma therapies are just one example of how we integrate science and beauty for our patients. Contact us today for more information about our treatments and procedures or to schedule a free assessment.